Wednesday 6 October 2010

2 more sleeps

Hubby asked me in bed last night to please tell him what's the matter, asking if he'd upset me or done something wrong as I seemed off him. I don't think he realised how much I'm building things up in my mind for Friday's appointment, I want to know what's going on once and for all but don't want to get bad news either. I put it bluntly that I'm not just off him, I'm off everything - I can't sleep for thinking about it and am just counting down until Friday. That seemed to satisfy him anyway. Why does everything come back to bloody sex with blokes?? It's the last thing on my mind at the moment!

Mum picked Poppy up from nursery today, which usually involves her taking her back to her house and giving her dinner. However she was at my house by 345pm, me rushing out the front door to see what the matter was - she didn't know I was expecting her to feed her. Duh. That was never explicitly said but the other 5 times she's picked her up that's been the routine. So she basically just drove 20mins past her house on top of her normal journey home to pick up Poppy and bring her to me, instead of me doing a 20 minute round trip to get her myself. At least she stayed for about an hour for a cuppa, managing to irritate me more by thrusting toys in Poppy's face and trying to distract her from reading her books quietly by herself. Ungrateful? Me?

Poppy seemed to be trying to tell me earlier that she'd done something in her nappy, by pulling up her top and looking down at her belly/crotch. No poo on inspection so perhaps it was a wee. Then she did it again 10 mins on and she had pooed. After being changed she did it again after 5 mins as if to point out her first wee in the fresh nappy! Bless her. It's fab if that is what she's doing, I hate it when I find she's dirty and am constantly checking her nappy. Cloth-bummed babies are meant to be easier to potty train too, and with her keen little mind I'm sure we'lll have no problem when the time is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment