Thursday 9 September 2010

Baking spree

Poppy is back to sleeping better again now, thank god, but have decided that instead of blogging and facebooking every day I'll chill out a bit. Spend time with my husband instead of sat next to him on the couch, half watching a tv programme while typing away on this laptop. Instead I plan to close the computer and settle down to enjoy a cwtch over on his side of the sofa, and actually concentrate on the tv we're meant to be watching together.

A quick catch up seeing as he's on nights tomorrow. Had a lovely weekend involving a birthday party for my friend's daughter and a reunion of the Boob Club mothers and babies/toddlers. Poppy was kept amused the whole time and was happy, therefore I was also happy.

It's our 5th wedding anniversary tomorrow. Hard to believe it's been 5 years already! My parents have Poppy overnight and we're going out to dinner (complete with a new dress for me) and then out for a few drinks. Not sure what our night will be like as have heard mixed reviews of the restaurant and Llanelli is not the hottest night spot around, but just a night together with alcohol and no baby to worry about getting up for will be bliss.

After buying a book on cupcakes and muffins in the book club at work, I baked blueberry muffins and apple & blackberry muffins. Very tasty. Well, hubby and I thought so even if Poppy refused to eat a blueberry one. I baked 24 of the damn things so I will keep trying her with them, they're safely into the freezer except for a few to see us through the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment