Tuesday 23 November 2010

Chilli hotpot, lost Visa card and Banguage

Trying to get the hang of my slow cooker before going back to work and figure out all the timings, so attempting a chilli con carne today. Trouble is when I went to get the kidney beans and canned tomatoes from the cupboard there were no kidney beans, so its a chilli-with-a-few-baked-beans-strained-from-the-sauce con carne. Plus with some bell peppers thrown in for added veggie points for Poppy. I'm sure the hubby will have something to comment on with the new recipe but hey-ho I'd already been out today and wasn't about to make another trip just for kidney beans.

The trip I'd already been on involved returning to our local Tesco to see if please please please they had my Visa card locked away safe. As when I was rushing to buy sheets for the new kingsize bed that arrived yesterday before dashing to pick up Poppy, I believed it must have left it in the self-service till point. Thankfully, yes, the nice lady at Customer Services produced it from a tin under the counter, that rather worryingly didn't appear to be locked and contained at least another 5 lost cards. I'm not the only muppet in the area then. I discovered the fact that I didn't have my card when paying for stamps and a newspaper at my local shop, after driving Poppy to nursery and practically passing said Tesco and the driving all the way home again. To ease my embarrassment at my obvious confusion I was lucky that only the cashier was present when I opened my purse only to stare at the slot where the card should have been for 20 seconds. And muttering repeatedly to myself 'my debit card isn't there....

My fun task I've set myself for this afternoon as I have the house to myself is to make a list of all the words Poppy can say, be that clearly or in Banguage (term I like from The Baby Whisperer for Toddlers meaning Baby Language). Or does the sign for. I think that I'll be surprised at just how many.

No comments:

Post a Comment