Friday 19 November 2010

Other people's blogs

After a dear friend finally blogged and filled in the 2 month void since her last post, it got me looking at the other blogs she follows and searching for some new material. Especially from other mothers. It's strange how sometimes you look for more to life than your child, like me buying fashion magazine even though I have neither the cash nor the body I used to have to acquire and look good in said fashions. And then rather than looking for blogs from hip young things or thought-provoking souls, I go for what my everyday life is about and would rather laugh out loud at some other mother's child related misfortune than keep on trend with what's hot this season. We all crave a familiar and comfortable world. And what's wrong with that? It's cheering to know that women everywhere are having the same thoughts about parenthood, sleep training, discipline, their lives (or lack of them). We are not alone.

1 comment:

  1. The other reason I forgot to mention in my update post was that I've so missed reading the blogs in my blogroll, and it's lovely to be catching up with your posts now and seeing what's been going on.

    I've too tried to read blogs about other subject matters but the only thing that resonates with me any more is a good parenting blog. Nice to know we're not alone ;)

    (Sorry for the overload of comments!)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete