Wednesday 5 January 2011

Happy New Year, bring on 2011

Happy New Year to everybody! Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas break and aren't too miserable now January is here. Poppy has only just gone back to nursery today after contracting chicken pox, so it hasn't been a very restful time for me and my arthritis but I've managed.

I could have cried after a visit to the GP this morning with her to look at an itchy rash that sprang up yesterday afternoon on her body, when he diagnosed infection of said chicken pox and printed a script for antibiotics. In our world, antibiotics=two days off nursery. She'd only been back an hour. I heaved a massive sigh, took her home, and rang the nursery to say she wouldn't be back today. After speaking to the manager, she said actually as it's only a skin rash it'd be ok for her to come in. So after giving her lunch, putting her back into the car yet again, and taking her back to nursery the same manager then changed her mind and wanted GP confirmation she wasn't infectious. Now I can understand it, they've had the chicken pox going around and around there for months with some adults even catching it from the kids. But why not say that on the phone before I dragged our asses back down there again? Another huge sigh. After waiting on the phone to the surgery for 10 minutes I thankfully spoke to the receptionist I know, who spoke to a GP, and relayed back to me that a secondary infection of chicken pox is not infectious. Phew. She could stay.

On arriving home and logging into Blogger, I could see that one of the people I follow on here has had some awful news. There isn't any detail on her blog as it's obviously too painful to think about, let alone put into words, but basically she has given birth to her baby who has died. This was so shocking to me that I didn't understand at first what she had written. And it made me so thankful that I have a healthy and happy child, so full of energy and joy for life that it could make you cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment