Thursday 29 July 2010

Rasberry cheesecake

After a few weeks of hubby begging me to make the cheesecake that adorns the front of one of my cookbooks, I finally got around to it today. When I say today I mean this evening after Poppy's bath. We have discovered the last few days that keeping her up until 8pm in the (pointless) effort to get her to sleep until after 6am brings out a lovely, contented, cute-as-pie little girl. We thought she may get overtired or grouchy but it's the opposite. What a revelation. It feels like our evenings are less stressed and rushed trying to get her to bed for 7pm. We've been having leisurely walks with the dogs for weeks now pre-bath, but now we can abandon the trike and let her walk with us. It takes ages with her little toddler legs carrying her around the block, picking up stones and pulling leaves off bushes, but oh what fun.

My next sewing project is set. A flag bunting spelling Poppy's name out for her bedroom. I bought the fabric earlier from Dunelm Mill and picked up a very interesting book called 'Applique for little ones' that has great ideas in for bedrooms and for gifts. I know quite a few people having babies this year so I'm hoping this will be useful then. One of the very best gifts we were given for Poppy was a handmade patchwork quilt, I still love it now. If I can make something equally as precious for a friend's newborn I would be really pleased with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment