Saturday 17 July 2010

Summer Ball 2010


After much too-ing and fro-ing over whether to go or not, I decided that a £35 ticket price was reason enough to make the effort to go to the Summer Ball with the hospital where I work.

It turned out to be a good night, albeit with a band that were alright but got far too much play time. We just wanted a good old-fashioned dj playing tunes for everyone to bop along to. My mum was supposed to be having Poppy overnight but after catching my cold she wasn't well enough and I didn't want Poppy to recatch it. So I held back with the wine intake which paid off when I had to get up with her this morning (hubby's first day back in work). It's always good to have a night out with work colleagues, you learn things you wouldn't about them otherwise. Although I am lucky that I can count quite a few colleagues as friends also, which makes a night out even more fun.

2 comments:

  1. You're so pretty Rhi ;)

    Your dress is gorgeous. Glad you had a lovely time, it's so nice to do something normal.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. (And by normal, I mean something that you would have done pre-baby of course) ;) x

    ReplyDelete