Sunday 8 August 2010

Baked beans

Poor little mite has got so many teeth coming through, all big bad ones too. She's been waking up screaming in the night, this morning it was 450am and she wouldn't let me put her back down. She did go back to sleep in bed with me and hubby, who'd just got in from work. He said he could hear her screaming when he got out of the car in front of the house! I knew she was loud but that's extreme.

Tonight for dinner I tried Poppy with baked beans again, up until now she's not eaten them at all. After picking one up and disdainfully looking at it she usually drops it over the edge of the tray. I bought the can with sausages in too as a way of bribing her (she loves any meat) and it seemed to work. After polishing off all 5 mini sausages she proceeded to eat every single bean on her plate, picking each one up with her fork. Seeing the concentration on her face, steadying the fork with both hands, spearing one on the prongs and then quickly chomping it down before going onto the next, it really made me proud of her. I have no idea when children are meant to start eating with cutlery but she's doing so well! When her food goes down she now automatically picks up the fork instead of tucking in with her hands like she's been used to doing.

Can't wait for my treadmill to get here. I'm going through a serious munchy phase at the moment. I can't get enough chocolate. I'm just going with the flow for now as I know it'll pass when I put a few pounds on, all the chocolate we've bought has gone, and the need for exercise kicks in again.

No comments:

Post a Comment