Wednesday 18 August 2010

Black mood all day

Poppy was awake again last night during the night and very early this morning. This is the third night in a row of badly broken sleep for us both. When I gave in and got up with her I immediately knew that today was going to be a Bad Day as far as my mood is concerned. I haven't been able to snap myself out of it all day, despite eating a Starbar at 1030am with a much needed coffee and even a Boost at 3pm. The day at work dragged and dragged and dragged. I was so happy when it was 5 o clock. The sun was shining and I was determined that I wasnt going to take it out on Poppy, it's not her fault that she's got teeth coming through and it hurts. I did succeed and didn't lower myself to screaming at her like I did this morning during a particularly stressful nappy change. Even when she yelled at me for over 10mins during dinner I ignored it and carried on calmly eating mine. And she eventually stopped and ate over half of hers, plus some raspberries. Such an awful day required topping off with wine and chocolate Hobnobs. Compulsory.

No comments:

Post a Comment