Wednesday 3 February 2010

Tired mummy and daddy

Don't know if it's down to teething or what, but last night Poppy woke up screaming at 1245am and couldnt be comforted. Ended up with Daddy bringing her downstairs for half hour then me giving her a bottle to settle her back to sleep by about 3am. Then she woke again at 5am the same screaming, but thankfully this time went straight back after I raced in on dummy patrol and turned her cd back on. I was sure she'd sleep in a bit after being awake over 2 hours during the night, but I lost the bet - woke at 645am like clockwork. Surprisingly I'm not overwhelmingly knackered, probably because I'm now used to getting so little sleep anyway no matter how early I go to bed. Could do with a little nap now though, getting the eye burn starting. Got friends coming over for a takeaway later on, chinese probably. Yummy. Salt and spicy prawns and vegetable chow mein. Yummy again.

Poppy is also very tired this afternoon, she's currently in her swing watching Tigger & Pooh (think, think, think...) chomping a breadstick as had enough of the whining. Daddy retired to bed to try and shift a killer headache before our guests arrive later. Bless him he's not very good on no sleep. Not letting her nap though this late in the day, or else we won't get her down to bed and I'm not getting into a habit of sleeping all day and being awake all night!

No comments:

Post a Comment