Monday 28 June 2010

My baby is growing up fast

When I arrived at Poppy's nursery to drop her off this morning I was told that it was her first day in Toddlers - the next age group up from the babies section. I had to leave her at the door instead of taking her down to the room. Ahhh! I wasn't too happy as I didn't know about it beforehand. However as hubby pointed out she's quite often down with the toddlers as she's been one of the older babies, so it's not like it was all new to her...
When I picked her up the carer went through all the different areas, what the day is structured like, where she eats, how they sleep (roll out mats on the floor all together), the activity areas. Plus more. I CAN'T BELIEVE she slept with all the other children in one place and didn't just crawl about climbing all over them giggling. She apparently was a bit fidgety to start and took about 5 minutes to go to sleep. 5 minutes??! That's a miracle in my book. She also has her own coat hook with a photo of her face above it as you go in. Plus when they start off the day they all sit together in the story corner for register before the story, and get to put a Photo Bee on the board to show that they had been there that day. How cute??

No comments:

Post a Comment