Friday 11 June 2010

My inner Domestic Goddess

Last week I had an impulse to buy a sewing machine. When the weather was hot Poppy was too hot just in a vest and a 1 tog sleeping bag, so I thought how hard could it be to make a lightweight bag from a sheet? Turns out not so hard. It doesn't look perfect, it's plain and boring as it's from an old cream duvet cover, but it does include a zip up the side and poppers at the shoulders. Impressed? So am I.

This is the basic pieces cut from the duvet cover
















And this is the finished product!







My next project is a tablecloth for my dining table. Need to find some funky material as it'll be a piece of cake after the sleeping bag. Just measure, cut and hem a rectangular piece of cloth! But it'll stop the marks appearing from the food missiles Poppy launches at it and the scratches from its role as a general dumping ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment