Tuesday 10 May 2011

Alternative universe

After our cleaner's first visit today we returned home to a nice clean home, in parts (she ran out of time to do all we asked as we can only afford 2 hours a week), and to my keen eye we have begun to live in an alternate universe. One where all of our things are the same but in a slightly different place on the shelf, or somewhere that I had never put them - still in plain sight but not where I had left it. Slightly disconcerting but at the same time not altogether unpleasant. After all, turning that photo frame slightly to the left means that it catches my eye on the way through the hall. And photos in frames are generally meant to be looked at. So that's a good thing.

And we have clean floors. I can't tell you how nice it will be to come home once a week to floors that have been vacuumed and mopped. Money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment