Sunday 30 May 2010

Bank holidays are a letdown

I've never really been one for spending all of Bank Holiday sunday drinking, like a lot of youngsters do, having an oh-so-special Monday off for free. Having met my husband at 16 and spending pretty much every free weekend together since we met (he lived 120miles away and so a few weeknights was not an option), that sort of thing we used to do a lot anyway on a friday and saturday night. However, now that I'm all Grown Up and Responsible I long for the freedom to get leathered and sit in beer gardens all afternoon. The last bank holiday that hubby wasn't working it was Easter and therefore Poppy's birthday. Other than that he always seems to be at work, making the conversation when I go back into work on Tuesday pretty much the same as every other Monday ("How was your weekend?" Me: "Alright, D was working. Didn't get up to much"). I know the grass is always greener but it would be nice for him to work monday to friday so we actually get to see one another now and again. We would like an evening out just the two of us, just a cinema trip or something, but my parents go on holiday in a few days with my brother and his girlfriend, so all of our babysitters will be MIA.

We're going to stay at my in-laws overnight this coming wednesday as my nephew turns 1 on thursday. We can't make his birthday party next weekend as - surprise, surprise! - D is working. At least we'll see him on his actual birthday and spend a few hours with all the family before having to turn around and come home again. Hopefully we'll go out for lunch or to a play village to celebrate. Only 5 weeks until we all go to Center Parcs too, so we'll have to decide on which activities everyone wants to do and get them booked. I don't want to miss out on anything with Poppy, there are several play sessions and a Make A Memory session I want to do. Apart from that I wouldn't mind having a go at archery and doing a yoga class perhaps. Although we'll be on holiday I won't really feel like drinking then either as Poppy'll be in our room in a cot and who knows how she'll sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment