Thursday 13 May 2010

Oh what a night...

As I write this I am munching on mini eggs, hoping the sugar high will help me stay awake to do a post. Last night Poppy took the waking up thing to the extreme. As hubby walked out of the door to go into a night shift she woke up. Ok, no problem, I though, I'll bring her in with me straight away if rocking her back off in the nursery doesnt work, I'm tired anyway and ready for bed. How naieve I was. She wouldn't go back to sleep until 130am. After hour after hour of rocking, shhh-ing, putting her in the cot and letting her cry, getting her back out of the cot, going downstairs, giving her a drink, giving her a bottle, nothing... It was obvious she was desperately tired but there was something stopping her giving in. Even after a final rocking did the trick at 130am she was not in a settled sleep, crying out in her sleep and moving pitifully around my bed until she collapsed back into a doze in a different spot. Hence I feel like I've had about 2 hours sleep. Put that together with only about 5-6 hours the previous two nights and it makes one very tired Mammy.

Yesterday Poppy had diarrhoea so I didn't go into work, as the nursery wouldn't have her. I did manage to catch up some sleep during her naps then, thank goodness, or I think I would have fallen asleep standing up last night as I was rocking her.

How the hell am I going to manage if she keeps this up? Its been since last weekend now and getting steadily worse. When I was off it didn't matter if we had a bad night, now I've got to make it through an 8 hour day in a job where I could do damage if I miss something. We've got hubby's parents coming to stay friday and saturday night too, so no option of sharing sleep and going into the spare room for some peace either. Oh dear. Monday morning looks even more bleak than usual from where I'm sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment