Saturday 29 May 2010

Nights out in the week=tired Mummy


Went out with a few work mates last Wednesday evening. First we met at La Tasca for a LUSH meal, made even better by a half price voucher from their website and free drinks as they didn't bill us for them. Then off to The Grand Theatre to the monthly Comedy Club which was brilliant - very very funny MC and 3 great acts meant lots of laughter, and cheek-ache from smiling so much. Although there are many smiles during Poppy's day to day antics, there's nothing like a belly-aching laugh induced by some good comedy. The kind of laughter that leaves you wishing for breath, throwing your head back laughter, tears in your eyes, and wishing you could stop laughing when everyone else has gone quiet but that last joke really got you going.

I didn't get to bed until 1115pm but it was worth it.

The following night was less exciting - a trip to the hairdressers - but on top of the previous late night and a relaxing head massage during the shampoo, I was yawning like a good 'un. Due to hubby not having seen me for two evenings, we watched a bit of tv when I got in so got to bed after 10pm again. Hence on Friday at work I wasn't good for much, and glad I was kept busy to avoid thinking how tired I was!

I'd like to add that an 11.15 and 10pm bedtime don't sound late to a non-parent, but to parents who are dealing with a year-long cumulative sleep deficit anything past 930pm is late ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment