Thursday 29 April 2010

Mortgage company say "uh-uh"

Its a definite no for the Perfect House. Had our current house valued today and its sale wouldn't give us enough of a deposit for the Perfect House. Damn. We have talked it over and agreed that it's fate, karma, what will be will be, etc etc. Shame cos I quite fancied those chickens (mine was to be called Doris).

Had a bit of a nothing day off. Estate agent called at 10am but had been up since 530 with Poppy, back to bed for an hour or so at 700 as she decided that actually it was silly to get up at 530 as it made her very tired, then up again for breakfast. Hubby went into work about 1.15 so us girls went to the supermarket, then I rang two friends trying to fill our afternoon as Poppy had also slept (again) before her lunch. Even though I had caramel shortbreads to offer neither could make it, so we returned home to sit in all day in the rain. Yuck. And me being a lazy bones didn't get out for a run before hubby left for work, and then ate a total of 3 of the shortbreads. Not all in one go I'd like to add, but I did eat them none the less.

One more day at work then 3 days off with the bank holiday. I hope it doesn't drag with hubby working it all.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry I couldn't do anything, I've just been in bed most of the day. I'd only just woken up when you rang so I was extra grumpy, sorry sorry sorry. And also thanks for asking, I didn't realise until late last night that we hadn't arranged anything, but thought it better to leave it as I just knew I was going to crash after holding it together through 3 days of work :(

    And I'm so sorry for you about the house, it sounded perfect, although I would have been supremely jealous if you'd got it, as it sounds like my perfect house too.

    Fingers crossed we can get together next week, maybe we'll even have some nice weather.

    Have a nice weekend, tons of love to you and Popstar xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't be so silly, you are having a time of it recently and it's not like we don't have any contact at all so we can keep up with how we're all doing...You weren't at all grumpy on the phone either, if that's you grumpy then you don't want to see me when I'm not 100%!

    Love to all three ill peeps in the Wood's family xx

    ReplyDelete