Wednesday 14 April 2010

Slow day

Work was SO slow today. I did my ward round first thing, had a tea break, covered the dispensary for an hour and it was still only midday. I then faffed about on the computer for an hour or so and went out to have lunch break, only to find that I should be back in the dispensary over lunch. Oops. Luckily a colleague (and a friend) was not busy and let me go eat! Then after my lunch I was covering ward discharges and all afternoon we only had one. ONE. And that was piss-easy and only took about 3 minutes. Even the patient commented on how fast we were. Score. At 345 I did consider taking lieu time and leaving as Poppy and daddy were home, but managed to resist - will try to save the time for when I am truly desperate..

Hoping to go and try out Poppy on a child seat for a bike tomorrow. There's a place near us on the beach front that hires bikes, so thought it'd be fun for an hour, will also give us an idea if it's worth us hiring for a week on our holiday later in the summer. Photo updates soon if we manage it!

No comments:

Post a Comment