Friday 2 April 2010

More illness - can you believe it??

But me this time. After diarrhoea all afternoon and feeling queasy my evening then involved a panicked phonecall to hubby to come home from work NOW as i was unable to breathe with the stomach pain, and then a further tearful call to the ambulance service to please HELP ME. And then a trip to hospital after gas and air to enable me to move off all fours, stand, and get to the ambulance, and a shot of morphine to stop me shallow breathing and curling into a ball. Luckily the morphine sorted me out and I could go home after a few hours and some blood tests.

But man I was scared. I honestly thought at the point where I was deciding if I needed an ambulance that perhaps I might die. That Poppy would be left without a mummy. That's what made my mind up about needing help, if it turned out I was being a wimp then so be it, but if I had appendicitis or an ectopic pregnancy then I definitely needed medical attention. Turned out it was probably severe stomach cramps from gastroenteritis but by god did it hurt.

Poppy and I actually managed to make it to a birthday party today hurray!! The little girl who was in special care baby unit with Poppy when she was born turned 1 today. Poppy lasted surprisingly well seeing as she's had only car-sleep today, we lasted an hour or so and had some party food. I think she gets a bit overwhelmed with all the noise and heat too as the room was SO full of people and there was no space to move really. And Poppy does like to move quite a lot. When we got home she was fine and in a great mood again, I even had a headache after it so no wonder she got grouchy.

The Birthday Party in now in 2 days!! Hubby's family are arriving tomorrow lunchtime, we then need to go food shopping for party food in the afternoon and do all the jobs like blowing up balloons and sorting out paper plates and napkins etc. After being a bit squashed in the party room today I am glad I decided to have her party where I did, there's loads of room and lots for the kids to do. Speaking of the party, I need to go and print off my super-organised list of things to remember to take to the supermarket tomorrow. And then get some sleep. yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment