Thursday 4 March 2010

Have we got it cracked?

After 3 days of leaving Poppy to cry for 5 minutes between going back in to lie her down, she went to sleep herself at bedtime without a murmur. Is that it?? Wait until tomorrow for the next thrilling installment...

It has been sunny this afternoon, it makes me feel so much HAPPIER when the weather is fine and resembling summer. I know it's freezing when you step outside, but when i'm driving it gets quite warm inside the car. Hubby and I were reminiscing on the way to the shops about the two summers that I was in college and how it seemed to be sunny and hot every weekend, and how we spent every sunday at Llangennith beach (down the Gower coast). Good times. I'm sure we're looking back through rose-tinted glasses and it wasn't literally every weekend, but whatever it was good thinking of happy times. I almost wrote happier times then, but it's not really, just different to our life now. Who could feel happier than when they're watching their totally gorgeous baby crawling around at playgroup, or shouting dada at no-one in particuluar, or enjoying bathtime with Daddy? We were just thinking of the days when we had no ties to anything, no worries, no money but we didn't know any different so it wasn't an issue. Now we worry constantly, except for the times when we look at our daughter and wonder how could we produce something so perfect and completely captivating.

I'm obviously feeling quite whimsical tonight! Sorry about that. Perhaps the glass of wine I've had is helping (I've got a lie-in of sorts tomorrow, not an endless one but until about 9ish at least).

Update on the crochet situation: due to the wonder of YouTube the single stitch is now clear to me. Also showed me that I need a less fluffy yarn so that I can see where my stitches are, before I progress onto the nice soft stuff that I bought. Hoped to get time earlier to call into the market but got carried away in the shops, was gutted when I realised as I feel like I will not let this conquer me and wanted another go tonight ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment